I’ve just been awarded the Versatile Blogger award by New Year Mum. It’s an honour that a niche blog like Navigating Cyberloss would even be considered for such a thing. I’m gonna reciprocate the best way I know how, so stay tuned for the winners at the end of this post.
The rules for this award are:
1. Link back to the person who gave you the award (did that above)
2. Tell 7 things about yourself….
- At the time of writing this, I’m 19 years old, experienced my first ‘cyberloss’ four years ago.
- I find blogging to be a unique way of dealing with the feelings I experience over my losses.
- I’m a multi-instrumentalist. Guitar, ukulele, and I sing.
- I’ve only travelled abroad once (Spain, when I was six)
- I speak three languages (English, Spanish and French)
- My proudest moment so far has been appearing on Mexican radio in January this year.
- My favourite book is The Shack. It changed my attitude to faith completely – I’ve left the light on, and am waiting for my faith to return, but this book helped me deal with the absence of it.
- Sarah at Still Thinking…again Inspiring woman blogging her way through pregnancy after three pregnancy losses.
- Victoria at FriendGrief Blogs about the differences between dealing with the loss of a friend, and other losses.
- Bill at Dying Man’s Daily Journal Bill blogs his way through daily life whilst dealing with many ailments which pose a threat to his life.
- Diana at Sunshine in a Blue Cup Diana blogs about coping through the loss of her child, and provides coping strategies for others who are grieving a loss.
- Mel at Stirrup Queens For having an awesome blog, and chairing awesome initiatives such as IComLeaveWe to foster community within the blogosphere
- Phil at Triumph of the Spirit Phil blogs about spiritual wisdom, using quotes from renowned spiritual leaders
- Milo, Alfie and Jan at The Cat’s Meow Fun escapism- blogging through the eyes of two Devon cats.
- Hilary at Feeling Beachie An IComLeaveWe discovery. Daily life.
- Lori at Write Mind Open Heart A discovery via Mel at Stirrup Queens. Great blog about adoption and spirituality among other things.
- Matt at Matt, Liz and Madeline Matt blogs his experiences raising his daughter after the death of his wife in 2008. He recently published the memoir ‘Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss and Love’
- Maureen Hunter at Esdeer Another grief support site, started by a bereaved mother. At times lighthearted, at times serious, never ceases to be useful.
- Grace Between the Lines A blog started by Annette to keep people up to date on her battle with cancer, continued in her memory by her sister Lisa.
- Kim at Alive and Mortal A grief support site which uses art to help people express their grief. Another 10/10 resource.
- Escaping Thoughts An interesting blog. Writes about universal themes and yet personalises them eloquently
- Breanna at Created Family Breanna chronicles her journey to a child and beyond.